Monday, February 4, 2013

Military Monday: Nolan Andrew Lane

Nolan Andrew Lane
c. 1943

My uncle, Nolan Andrew Lane, was the fifth child of William B. Lane and Martha A. Pierce.  He was born in Clairfield, Tennessee, on July 22, 1911, and died at age 72 on March 17, 1983, in Brooksville, Florida.  Today, I remember Uncle Nolan's military service during World War II.  He served in the Pacific Theatre as a Chief Electrician's Mate in the United States Navy Seabees, enlisting on October 23, 1943, and being honorably discharged on November 27, 1945.  Thank you, Uncle Nolan.



Nolan Andrew Lane
c. 1943

2 comments:

  1. What great photos! My grandfather also served in the Pacific, but his records were lost in the 1973 fire. I wish I knew more about his service. You are very lucky to know so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. I'm very blessesd that my uncle, and later my mom, saved some of his military photos and records. That's a shame about your grandfather's records. My husband's uncle's records were destroyed in the '73 fire, too, we've been told.

    ReplyDelete