Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mystery Monday: Response from Japan about Passport!

For those who have been following this blog, you know that I'm trying to solve the mystery of the Japanese passport that was in my Uncle Nolan's WWII photo album.  If you're visiting the blog for the first time, you can catch up on the details of the passport story here.

Inside the Passport of Maka Kanehawa
Passport was found inside the WWII photo album of Nolan Lane

Imagine my delight, though, when I checked my email last Friday and found the following response to the request for information I sent earlier to the Okinawa Peace Memorial Museum.  Awesome!  I so appreciate these kind folks taking time to help finish telling the story of Maka Kanehawa and hopefully getting her passport back in the hands of her family.  Maybe I'll have  more to report next week.


Friday, March 8, 2013 3:39 AM
平和祈念資料館 <heiwa@peace-museum.pref.okinawa.jp> Add to Addresses Block Sender
bsouthworth@windstream.net Add to Addresses
Re: Need Help Identifying & Returning 1931 Japanese Passport
2 KB
 
 
I am investigating the request from you now. 
 
Although I report a result to you, I need more time. 
 
Please wait. 
 
(I'm sorry. I am not good at English.) 
 
             OPPMM SHIMABUKURO 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment